Charles R. Drew Charter School, Atlanta’s first charter, opened in 2000 as a key part of a holistic neighborhood revitalization effort in East Lake. Over the last 15 years, Drew has improved from one of the lowest performing schools to one of the top in the City and the State, due to significant investments in innovation and academic excellence centered in a STEAM/ Project Based Learning approach. The educational plan at Drew incorporates:
- excellent faculty and staff who serve as models of life-long learning
- high standards and expectations for student achievement
- innovative teaching strategies
- rigorous student assessment and a commitment to continuous improvement
- a vast array of enrichment opportunities
- access to cutting-edge technology
- an extensive After School Program
- and, most importantly, involved supportive families.
Data shows that student achievement steadily increases from Pre-K through eighth grade; the longer students stay at Drew, the better they perform.
Design for the Continuum of Learning is a Perkins+Will initiative that connects the design resources of our K-12, Higher Education, and Workplace practices to benefit student success.
From team rooms to learning labs, Perkins+Will designs a variety of academic and workplace environments that support teaching, learning, and collaboration. Our teams share ideas across the traditional silos of schools, colleges, and workplace to create innovative and forward-thinking environments that inspire student success from cradle to career.